Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day at CVS

Oops. I thought I already posted this, but it was in my "draft" section. A little late, but still a good one...

This $5 off a $30 purchase coupon has been BURNING a hole in my pocket!!! So today I was just waiting and waiting to have some time to use it, because of the Sun/Mon Only deals. I hardly EVER get to CVS on Sunday, since they close a 6pm and I usually hit CVS in the evenings when I do go. So I didn't make it yesterday. And I don't think the Sun/Mon Only deals start early on Saturday like the other stuff. We went to my parents early for Memorial Day/Ralph's b-day lunch and I was hoping to sneak out when Cooper took a nap, BUT he refused to take a nap. He jumped around in their crib and sang and did somersaults and basically played for an hour. So I decided to just take him home to nap. And by this time, he was entering cranky mode. Despite my mommy guilt, and since I knew exactly what I wanted to get before it ran out, we snuck to CVS before we went home and did pretty good. I was armed with biter biscuits and he did fine until my receipt was printing and then he just lost it. Poor kid. He pretty much zonked out as soon as I put him in his crib. Silly boy. So here's how I did with my $5/$30.



** 1 Revlon Nail Polish $3.99, no coupon. $3.99. Get 3 ECBs.

** 1 Colgate Total $2.99, minus $1 coupon. $1.99. Get 2 ECBs.

** 1 Playtex Sport $3.99, minus $1 coupon. $2.99. Get 3 ECBs.

** 2 boxes of Bandaids $2.29 each, minus 2 $1 coupons, minus $1 CRT for Bandaids. $1.58 for 2 boxes. Get 4 ECBs. (2 ECBs per box)

** 1 Clearasil Face Wash $3.99, no coupon. $3.99. Get 3.99 ECBs.

** 2 Sobe Life Waters, on sale BOGO, minus 2 $0.50 coupons. $0.49 for 2.

** 2 Speed Stick Pro deodorants $3.99 each, minus BOGO coupon, minus $0.75 coupon. $3.24. Get 7.98 ECBs. (3.99 ECBs for each)

** Candy filler to bring total to $30. (I thought the price of the other Sobe would count toward my total, but I don't think it did, so I had to grab a filler. And I think I forgot that the Bandaids were $2.29, not $2.99 like the iheartcvs ad had posted, but I was psyched that they were $2.29!)



Total: Around $30.00.

Used $5/$30 coupon.

Minus all other coupons, New Total: Around $15-16 with tax.

Used $14 in ECBS, plus $1.25 from my gift card ($0.64 was tax.)

Received about $24 ECBs!



Yay! I needed that! My ECBs have really been lacking, so this is the perfect boost to my ECBs stash! I am so happy I made it today and everything I went in for was there! Now, here's hoping there will be some other good deal weeks like this one through the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment