Wednesday, May 20, 2009

CVS Trip 5-20

This week was pretty much a huge bummer at CVS to me. I do, however, use Dry Idea deodorant and it gave back ECBs this week, so I went in for it. I also had a Sally Hanson CRT (from the coupon printer) coupon that expired today and I wanted to use it. Here's how I did:


** 2 Dry Idea deodorants 2/$5, minus 2 $2 off coupons. $1 for 2.

** 4 Sally Hanson fingernail polishes, clearance to 50% off, $1.39, minus 4 $1 off coupons, minus $2 off a Sally Hanson $5 purchase. Free plus $0.44 overage.

** 1 Palmer's stretch mark lotion, clearance 75% off, $1.70, minus $1 coupon. $0.70.** 1 set of Bic Dry Erase markers, clearance 75% off, $1.15 (would have been much better if I had the $1 off any Bic coupon, but I didn't have it with me. I've been needing these though.) $1.15.

Total: $13.41 Minus coupons: $2.41 plus tax

Used $2 ECB and $1.07 out of pocket. ($0.66 was tax) Received 2 ECBs for deodorant. If I didn't get the lotion or markers, it would have been better. But I'm going to add the lotion to the baby gift basket, I do use that brand of deodorant (even though I have plenty) and like I said, I did need the markers, so I'm alright with it. I had enough change in my change purse, so I didn't have to use my debit card or my CVS gift card, which is always nice.

BTW: I'm trying to stretch out my CVS gift card. I got it for Christmas from my hubby. $50!!! He knew I could make it last and so far I still have money on it. I've gone though it faster than I thought I would. Mainly because every now and then something in a transaction gets screwed up and I pay more out of pocket than I planned on. (Like $8 or something! What? At CVS??) I usually find the mistake, but not til after I've paid. They give me cash back or whatever, and we all know, cash doesn't stick around as long as a CVS gift card. :P So I will let you know when my gift card has swiped it's last swipe. Hopefully it won't be anytime soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment