Thursday, October 7, 2010

CVS Trip 10-5-10


I wanted to get to CVS today to use my $7 off a $15 Revlon CRT (abbreviation for Cash Register Tape) that printed from the Coupon Center at CVS last week. Last week there was a deal on Revlon too but I chose to wait until this week because… it was a moneymaker!! Last week, I would have used my $5 Extra Care Bucks (ECB) and gotten 6 back. This week, I almost doubled my ECBs! Here’s what I did:

**5 Revlon nail polishes $3.99 each. Used my $7/$15, minus 5 $1 off any Revlon product coupons (I found these at CVS in the beauty section. So what was $19.95, became $7.95. Then I received 3 ECBs for each polish! 3x5= 15 ECBs!
**1 Glade Air Freshener $1.69. Minus a $1.50 off any Glade product CRT. $0.19.
**2 pairs of “Halloween” socks. (I chose the striped ones with Halloween colors, without any Halloween pictures.) 2/$5. Minus a $5 off any Halloween costume, accessory or decoration. Free!

My total was $26.64. Minus all my coupons, it came to $8.14! I had a $7.50 in ECBs, so my new total was $0.64!! Oh, yeah. And I got back 15 ECBs for the future. I haven’t had a good ECB return in awhile so I was pumped. The male cashier was excited for me too, so that was nice.

Bonus: I will probably use the nail polish and the fuzzy socks for stocking stuffers for Christmas, so that’s a nice small extra gift that didn’t cost me much at all! (I know it’s only Oct. 5th, but it’s not too soon to think about Christmas shopping, especially when you need to be thrifty about it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment