Sunday, August 16, 2009

My Poetry Won a COUPON!!! To Old Navy!

Last week, I was visiting www.swaggrabber.com (this is the site I use for deals, of course, but also I like to hang out in the chat room during Old Navy coupon nights). Well, I stopped by last week, and saw there was a contest to win a $50 off a $100 Old Navy coupon. You had to submit a poem to win, so I got my creative juices flowing. I seriously just typed in up in a matter of a minute or two (I am a notorious silly poem writer, from way back in my high school days). Here's what I came up with...

Oh Old Navy,
The one we love to hate.
We just want coupons,
But you make us wait.
3am, 4am, 5am and more.
Even when I’m there on time,
I don’t ever score
The coveted $70 off coupon.
To me it’s just a dream.
Old Navy you are so evil,
You make me want to scream.

Well, low and behold, I won one of the coupons! It turned out I was out of town visiting a friend (a fellow Old Navy fan.) We had gone out to dinner, while our husbands generously watched the kids. We ran in Old Navy and I thought "Hey, let me check and see if I won that coupon and then we could use it!" She has email on her phone and there it was. My "You Won" email! So we went in Old Navy. Quickly decided, yeah, let's go home and print it off, cause there will not be a problem finding things we need!

Because I have dial-up, I have never gotten any of the good coupons on my own. Earlier this summer (maybe early June?) I was trying for the coupon, couldn't get it, and a gal in the chat room sent me a $50/$100 that she wasn't going to use. So I had already bought myself some nice summer clothes that I desperately needed. So I was really hoping my friend would get some good use out of it. She is the best friend in the world, and anything I can do to help her, I would love to do. So, I was happy that she wanted to use the coupon. She used the majority of it and got lots of stuff for her two little girls for back to school clothes. Jeans, dresses, shirts, etc, etc. Cute stuff. She spent about $44 of the $56 we spent in total.

I got 8 pairs of Old Navy size 2T/3T socks for my little boy. They were 8 pair for $10. I really like their socks with the skid-free soles. I also found a great deal of a pair of nice cargo pants for my hubby. They were on clearance for $7.99. I wanted to get a pair of swim trunks for my son for next year, but there wasn't much in his size. My friend talked me into getting the one pair I did find. I wasn't in love with them, (like I was with the white pair with the fish on them) but they were $4.99 and with the half off coupon, it'd be like $2.50, so she talked me into them. I think I could probably find some cheaper at Target once all their summer stuff goes on clearance. (And who am I kidding, I'll probably get more than one pair anyways, cause I'm just like that when I find things for $1-2.) But I paid about $12 for the 8 pair of socks, 1 pair of Men's Cargo shorts, and 1 pair of 3T swim trunks. The socks themselves were on sale, so I probably would have spent $10 on them anyways, since I needed them. So it's kind of like I got the cargo shorts and swim trunks for $1 each.

So I was happy with my finds. And even more happy to be able to share some savings with a dear friend. :) Thanks again Swaggrabber for the coupon!

No comments:

Post a Comment