Friday, November 13, 2009

Deals Around Town

Did some quick shopping trips the last couple of days. Here's some highlights:

Target: The Glade "Holiday Collection" deal is going on--Buy 5 Glade Holiday items, get a $5 gift card. I've done it twice so far. You spend about $5 after coupons, for the first time. Then you get the $5 gift card, and keep rolling it. I'm piling up some nice stocking stuffers/teacher present sort of gifts, so that's cool.

Meijer: Chex Mix is $0.99, and there are a lot of $0.50/1 coupons out there, which makes it free. Ziploc containers and bags are under $2 this week, so if you have any of the $0.55/1 coupons or $0.50/1 coupons, they are under $1. I bought some of the Christmas containers to use to hold cookies for gifts. The girls in my family do a cookie making day and so I want to try and use my cookies for gifts to pass out to teachers, therapists, etc. for Cooper's school/doctor's appts.

Walmart: Hit the 90% off Halloween costumes rack! Just in time. I got a ninja costume, army man costume, 2 pirate shirts, and 2 cowboy shirts for about $4. The shirts are kind of like the "tuxedo t-shirt" type thing. They're cute and they all came with a bandana that matched. They were $0.50 each, so I got 2 in 3T and 2 in 4T. Might as well, even if it's for dress up. The ninja costume was $1, and the army man costume was $1.40, plus it came with a canteen and an army hat.

I think that's about it. It's nice to shop and not spend too much money. But feel like you got something worthwhile, even if it is for down the road. I love that.

Oh, plus I did the www.kodakgallery.com free $15 gift code. I used a couple emails and got a $2.99 total porcelain ornament with Cooper's picture on it, (for my mom) and a $5.99 total coffee mug, with several pictures on it (for my dad). They will like them a lot, and all I had to pay was shipping. So check that out, if you haven't. $2.99 for a personalized ornament is hard to beat, I think.

Hope you found some deals around town this week! Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment