Friday, October 23, 2009

Meijer Trip 10/23

I spent WAY too much time at Meijer tonight. :P But I was alone and was hoping to fill up the cart for not too much money, so I spent my time shopping and searching for deals. I am trying, pretty successfully, to keep our weekly grocery budget down to $40. This doesn't include diapers, but I get my diapers at CVS mainly, or other drug stores where I can get them close to free, or earn my money back through gift cards and rebates. Like last week (or the week before maybe) I did two Rite Aid transactions to get two boxes of Pampers. I spent about $30 total for the 2 boxes, but I will get a $10 Rite Aid gift card for buying the Pampers, and then a $20 Rite Aid gift certificate. Which, in almost 100% certainty, I will use those two things to get... more diapers. :) So they really don't eat into our budget much at all. So anyways, here's what I got tonight at Meijer.

* 3 boxes of Valu-Time Mac-n-cheese (never tried it so we will see) $0.30 each.
* 1 Gerber 2pack of prunes with apples. (a must for my son's diet) :P $0.87.
* 2 cans of Valu-Time mushrooms $0.55 each
* 6 Weight Watcher yogarts, $0.55 each, minus 2 $0.55 off 2 coupons, doubled. (they wouldn't take my Buy 2 get 1 free coupon, even though I think they should have... am I right?) $1.30 for 6, which is not too bad, I guess.
* 1 bag of baby carrots, $1.29
* 2 20 oz bottles of Crush/Diet Crush $1.48 each, minus 2 $0.55 off 1 coupons, doubled. $0.48 each. (My new favorite place to find coupons is at the GAS STATION! I've found some nice, relatively high value coupons on drinks and snacks!)
* 1 pack Healthy Ones lunch meat $1.67, minus 1 $0.55 coupon, doubled. $0.67.
* 2 bags of Malt-O-Meal cereal, $1.99 each, minus 2 $0.55 coupons, doubled. $0.99 each.
* 2 packs of Weight Watcher ice cream cups, (2 per pack) $2.39 each, minus 2 $1 off coupons, minus 1 $1/2 Meijer Mealbox coupon. $0.89 each!! I love ice cream.
* 1 pack of Meijer brand Diet Cherry Soda $2.48.
* 1 box of Weight Watchers choc chip cookies $3.19, minus $1.50 off coupon. $1.69 (probably too much to spend, but sometimes I need a cookie.) :)
* 2 boxes of Barilla pasta $0.89 each, my coupon didn't work, but I had a $1/2 coupon. :P
* 12 boxes of Jello. $0.50 each, minus 4 $1.25 off of 3 coupons, (found these awhile back at Kmart) minus 2 $1 off 5 Meijer Mealbox coupons. Overage of $1. (My grandma uses a lot of Jello, so I'm going to help her make a stockpile.) :)
* 1 6 pack of Ramen noodles $1.09 (My husband always requests these, for some reason)
* 6 jars of Heinz gravy (doesn't expire til 2011) $1.29 each, minus 2 $1/3 coupons, minus 2 $1/3 Meijer Mealbox coupons. $3.74 for 6 jars. $0.62 each. I've never used it before, but I thought I'd try it for that price.
* 4 Kraft Natural chunk cheese $1.97 each, minus 2 $1/2 coupons. $5.88 for 4. $1.47 each. (With this deal, I was supposed to get a box of Nabisco snack crackers free... but I didn't!)
* 2 gallons of Vitamin D milk $1.59 each.
* 2 loaves of Aunt Millie's bread $1.00 each.
* 1/2 pack of apples $2.29.
* 1 box of Ritz crackers. $2.49, supposed to be FREE! I will get my money back, probably tomorrow while I'm out. I may return the pasta too, since I already have enough, and really only bought it because the coupon was making it cheap.
* 1 box of Ritz Crackerfuls, $2.49. I had a Buy a box of Ritz, get the Crackerfuls free, so they actually were free.
* 2 containers of John Morell Off the Bone lunch meat $2.69, minus 2 $0.75 coupons, doubled (found those at Kroger awhile back), $1.69 each.
* 1 frozen DiGiorno pizza $4.99, minus $1.50 coupon. $3.49.

My total after coupons was $43.65. My receipt says I saved $47.67. I will get my money back for the Ritz (-$2.49) so my new total will be $41.16. I only spent $17.00 on groceries last week, so I am not technically over budget.

Cool. I was talking with a friend, a stubborn friend who refuses to coupon shop and only goes to Walmart for her food purchases, but anyways, she was talking about how money was tight and how groceries add up so quickly. She says they spend $100 a week on groceries--for her, her husband and their 1 year old. Geesh. If only she would listen, and not make fun of, my coupon advice and efforts.

Oh well. I wouldn't do it any other way. :) I love my coupons, and I'm not ashamed. :)

Hope you had a great week and found some great buys! Happy Shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great!

    As for the coupon for the yogurt...I think that they should have taken it. However, I would have gotten 7 yogurts rather than just 6 that way I would have had the 55/2 coupon to cover 4 of the yogurts and then had the b2g1 coupon to cover the other 3 yogurts. That way there would have been no confusion.

    At my Meijer, the Ritz crackers were not part of the buy the cheese get crackers free. Only the Nabisco snack crackers like Triscuits or Wheat Thins.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete