Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Love/Hate Relationship with Old Navy

Oh Old Navy. You booger.


Well, Old Navy has been having weekly internet coupon days for several weeks now, maybe months. I've been trying to get the coupons for the last three weeks. The thing is, you may know what day the coupons will load, but you have no idea WHEN on that day they will load. And all the good coupons (And I mean GOOD--there's a $75 off a $100 purchase coupon!) go really fast, of course. So you basically have to stay close by the computer if you can. I found a chat room where a bunch of people hang out and wait for the coupons. It helps the time go by and it's fun to chat with strangers about whatever is on someone's mind. I have no idea who they are, but they feel like friends. :)


Well, week 1 of me trying, the coupon was supposed to load on a Sunday. So we hung out in the chat room starting around midnight on Saturday night/Sunday morning. Nothing happened until midnight the next day! When it actually loaded, I couldn't get my computer to load the page, so I sat there for 10 minutes trying to figure it out, and missed all the good coupons. :P

So Week 2, I thought, well now I'm a pro, I can do this. Again, it was a Sunday, so we started watching around midnight Saturday night/Sunday morning. WELL, they didn't load until MONDAY AT 8AM!!! Oh, I was mad. I stayed up til about 3am, laid by the computer til 5am in a half-sleep, but I couldn't stay up any longer and went to bed. When I got up and Cooper and I came downstairs, coincidentally, it was 8am, and again and I came right in time for the load. BUT again, my computer wouldn't cooperate and I didn't figure it out until about 15 minutes late. Too late. Nothing for me.

So this past week, Thursday was the day. Again, we started watching and waiting around midnight Wed/Thursday morning. I think I went to bed around 2am, the first night. I thought I'd be up longer, but I couldn't stay awake. I also had a feeling it wouldn't load the first night. So I wasn't as crazy about it this time, but I kept the computer on all day on Thursday and sat & chatted when I had some time. So evening came, we were having a good time, chatting about kids, Jon & Kate Plus 8, movies, etc. Midnight passed, but I had a feeling it wouldn't be long. For some reason I thought 1am would be it. Well, it turned out to be 1am! Wow! But, of course, something else went wrong with my lovely dial-up computer and I missed the good coupons. I seriously thought I knew what to do this time, but it got me again. HOWEVER, someone in the chat room offered her $50 off a $100 purchase coupon to someone, cause she wouldn't be able to use it. Of course, I said I'd love it and she actually picked ME to have it!!! It was wonderful. I felt very blessed. Especially since I hadn't gotten the chance to actually get one for myself because of the stupid computer. So she forwarded the coupon to me and VOILA I was ready to hit Old Navy! I got the coupon on Thursday night/Friday morning at 1am, and I was at Old Navy shopping on Friday by 4pm! I was excited! Ok, long story short, here's what I was able to get:


** 1 pair of comfy black pants (workout/lounge type pants) $19.50 on sale for 50% off. $9.75.
** 1 lightweight sweater/jacket, regular price $19.50, but was on clearance for $8.99. BUT I just looked at the receipt and it is not on the receipt. I guess it was free. oops.
** 2 "Perfect Tanks" $8.50 each, on sale for 2/$15. 2/$15.
** 2 Stretch Tanks $10.50 regular priced, on sale for $6 each. $12 total.
** 1 "Flutter Sleeve" shirt $14.50. Paid $14.50.
** 1 "Braided Tank" $12.50, on sale for $10.
** 1 "Crochet Keyhole" tank $14.50, on sale for $10.
** 2 "Smock Hensley" short sleeve shirts $15 each.

Total Before Sales: $148.50
Total After Sales: $101.25
Used $50 off a $100 purchase coupon!!!
New Total: $51.25 plus tax. Nice.
With tax it was almost $55, but well worth it. I actually sold some of my Creative Memories stuff on craigslist a week or so ago, and I told myself if I could get a good Old Navy coupon, I would use some of it to get some clothes. So, yay me! I'm very excited. Wearing the same 4-5 shirts constantly was getting old. I probably have more around here that I could wear, but I seemed to have gotten in a rut with the same old clothes.

I really wanted some new jeans, but just didn't find any worth buying at Old Navy. I like the dark denim and the wide leg jeans and those are hard to find. I found some at Avenue that I liked AND they had a deal that if you bring in an old pair of jeans, they would give you $5 off a new pair. PLUS a lot of their jeans were $20 or less this week, so I went home, washed my old cruddy jeans and exchanged them for the new pair. AND The Avenue sent out an email coupon for $1 Tank Tops (limit 2) so I snatched those up as well.

So after a couple dinners out and all my new clothes, I think I spent my craigslist cash wisely. It's always good to leave the bank account alone and buy some things you've been wanting with extra cash. I will probably keep trying to get the coveted $75 off coupon (and if, miracle of all miracles, I get it, I'll use it to buy someone else other than me clothes--oops).

No comments:

Post a Comment