Saturday, June 13, 2009

K-mart Double Coupons are Back, with a twist!

Tonight I had some time on my own and wanted to try out the “Buy More, Save More” deal at Kmart. It includes Kimberly Clark, Unilever and SC Johnson products. Well, Kimbery Clark makes Huggies, so I was definitely going to check it out. The deal is 1) Buy $20 worth of products, get $3 off coupon on your next order 2) Buy $35 worth of products, get $7 off your next order coupon 3) Buy $50 worth of products, get $14 coupon off your next order. $14 is a big ol’ coupon! That sounded promising. Especially since Kmart is having their Super Double Coupon week (up to and including $2 off coupons).

I stewed over my coupons for awhile, during Cooper’s naptime, and got a small pile ready to go. Ralph took Cooper to his parents to visit, after naptime, so I was out the door. I was really surprised when I got there that there was SO MUCH on the list of items that qualified for the deal. My main goal was diapers, but I looked around at the other stuff. I was going to go straight diapers/wipes, but then saw the Off Clip-On was on sale, so I went diapers and that, because I really want to try it out. So here’s what I got:

** 2 packs of Huggies diapers (I found some of the old packs of size 5’s that still have 30 in them, instead of 26) $10.49 each, minus 2 $2 off coupons, doubled. $6.49 each.
** 1 pack of Huggies Pull-Ups (no Cooper’s not in Pull-Ups yet, but I had a $5 off coupon that I got in the mail, so I thought I’d buy a pack for the future, if we go that route.) $10.79, minus $5 off coupon. $5.79.
** 1 pack of Huggies Little Swimmers diapers $7.89, minus $1.50 coupon, doubled. $4.89.
** 1 Off Clip-On $7.49, minus $2 off coupon, doubled. $3.49.
** 1 pack of Off Clip-On Refills $3, minus coupon for Free Refill when you Buy the Clip-On. Free.
(That was all included in the Buy $50, get $14 coupon off your next order deal.)
I also grabbed:
** 2 boxes of Cheerios $2 each, minus 2 $1 off coupons, doubled. Free.
** 1 jar of Peter Pan peanut butter $2.29, minus home mailer $1 off coupon, doubled. $0.29.
** 1 box of Band Aids $2.50, minus $1 coupon, doubled. $0.50.

Total was $60+ before coupons. ($58.94 plus tax, if I added it up right)
Used a $5 off a $50 or more purchase.
Used $31 in coupons.
New Total: $22.94 plus tax. I think it was about $26 total.
The cashier, again, was quick to scan my coupons, so I missed $1 in coupon savings, cause he hit the wrong button when choosing which coupon goes with which product. Hate when that happens!
Received my $14 off coupon! Yay! It’s not free, but I’m going to go back and I can use my $14 coupon to buy more diapers and get a new coupon for $$ off my next purchase. Depending on how much I want to do this, I can keep rolling them. I may do a $35 purchase and get 2-3 more packs and then get a $7 coupon and get 1 more pack and be done. By then, the double coupons will be over and I will be stocked up a little better on diapers. (I think I have 11-12 packs right now.)

Funny story, when I left Kmart, it started to rain. By the time I got home, it was pouring. Ralph and Cooper weren’t home yet, so I sat and waited it out a little. Not much letting up, so I just went for it. Well, I get inside and realize I’m missing stuff. I run to the car to see if it was there and I forgot a whole bag. BUT I drop 2-3 things out of the bag and they go floating down the river that is forming by the curb where I parked. I had to go chasing my Huggies Little swimmers and my Off-Clip down the river floating down the road. I must have been a riot to watch if any of the neighbors saw me. I was drenched, but it was a good laugh.

I'll let you know if I go back. Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment