Saturday, June 13, 2009

Back to Kmart

I shouldn't have gone back, but I did. I found some of the Glade candle tins last time I was there. They were marked $3.49 and inside was a $1.50 off coupon. So doubled, it would have been $3 off AND Glade was part of the Buy More, Save More deal. So I thought if I got 4 of those and 2 packs of diapers, I would have about $35 to get the $7 off coupon. I also got a new $1 Cheerios coupon in my e-mail, so I was hoping to get more Cheerios. All in all, the trip was fine, except one of my $1.50 coupons got skipped. Ugg. I hate that. You would think with the --10 COUPON LIMIT-- it wouldn't be that hard to scan 10 coupons correctly. Then if I go in and try and fix it, I'm a "pain" and it takes forever to get fixed. So I lost out on the $3. Here's what I got...

** 2 packs of Huggies diapers $10.49 each, minus 2 $1.50 coupons, doubled. $7.49 each.
** 1 pack of Huggies wipes $2.89, minus $1 coupon doubled. $0.89.
** 2 boxes of Cheerios $2 each, minus 2 $1 coupons, doubled. Free.
** 4 Glade tin candles, rang up $3.29 each, minus 3 (should have been 4) $1.50 coupons, doubled. Would have been $0.29 each, but paid full price for one. So $4.16 for 4. ($1.04 each--going to use as gifts--they are cute, so I guess $1 for a small gift is alright.)
** 1 pack of Diet Coke. $4! minus $1 coupon, doubled. $2.00.

Total was around $47.00, I think.
Used my $14 off coupon I got last trip.
Minus all other coupons ($23 worth)
New total was around $9. (should have been $6, like I had calculated in my head--I should have stopped right there and asked him to recheck my coupons, but there was a long line and only 2 check-out lanes open, so I sucked it up.)
Received a $7 off my next order coupon, like I planned.

WEIRDNESS: Both times I was at Kmart this week (Trotwood) my $$ off coupon didn't print at the coupon machine at the lane I checked out in. It printed on the machine NEXT to the lane I checked out in. ?? Totally doesn't make sense. And both times, I had to say "I should have gotten a coupon from the machine" and they went "next-door" and got them for me. Weirdness.

No comments:

Post a Comment